The DCES internal medicine service is headed by Dr. Guma, Dr. Harrison, and Dr. Steele. They're specially trained to aid in providing advanced care for patients experiencing acute or chronic illnesses involving the gastrointestinal, urogenital, renal, hepatobiliary, and immune systems. Their team utilizes advanced diagnostics and works in tandem with our surgery, neurology, oncology, and radiology services to provide accurate diagnosis and treatment of your pet’s disease. Working together paw-in-hand, they're committed to consistently providing individualized, quality care to every patient, every time!
Consultation & Examination
- Internal medicine appointments are generally scheduled following a recommendation from your primary care veterinarian or another DCES department. To schedule an appointment today, please contact our customer service representatives.
- During your pet's appointment, the internal medicine tech and doctor will take a history, review the records available, and perform a physical examination on your pet.
- Please ensure records are available prior to your appointment, to ensure all information is available when you arrive to help guide decisions about diagnostic testing.
- If you know your pet needs an ultrasound, please alert the receptionist when scheduling your appointment, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Many times, diagnostics will be sent out on your pet, and results can take several days to 1-2 weeks to return.
- A team member from the internal medicine services will call to discuss these results or any changes in our plan as soon as this information is available.
- If you have any concerns following your appointment, you may speak with an internal medicine technician.