The DCES radiology service is headed by Dr. Sarah Tibbs, a board-certified radiologist. Our staff of highly trained professionals work closely with your veterinarian to diagnose diseases/injuries and provides follow-up care through our inpatient and outpatient imaging services. Imaging offered through the radiology department includes the use of high-resolution ultrasound, multi-slice helical computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), digital fluoroscopy, and digital radiography.
Consultation & Examination
Our outpatient imaging services allow veterinarians in private practice to obtain additional diagnostic imaging, performed with imaging guidance using ultrasound, fluoroscopy, or computed tomography (CT), for their patients while maintaining primary patient care responsibilities. Please note, invasive procedures will not be performed on an outpatient basis due to the higher risk associated with them such as fine-needle aspirates and biopsies. Additionally, medically unstable patients or those requiring sedation for imaging cannot be seen as outpatients and will be transferred to the most appropriate department with the owner’s permission and contact will be made with the referring facility as soon as possible.
- Radiology appointments are generally scheduled following a recommendation from your primary care veterinarian or another DCES department. To schedule an appointment today, please contact our customer service representatives.
- At the conclusion of all outpatient imaging appointments, the client will meet with Dr. Sarah Tibbs, our board-certified radiologist.
- Dr. Tibbs will provide a brief overview of findings and clients will then be directed back to their referring veterinarian for continued diagnostics and/or treatment recommendations.
- A detailed radiology report will be composed and delivered via fax or email to the referring veterinarian along with a CD copy of imaging provided to the client at the time of discharge.
- The referring veterinarian will be responsible for all management of patient care up to and following any outpatient services.
Teleradiology brings a cost-effective board-certified radiology interpretation to practices everywhere. Whether submitting difficult cases or simply as an extension to your practice, you have the ability to submit images for a formal review. All radiograph reports will be written and sent to the veterinarian within 24 hours, Monday through Friday via email or fax. Images can be submitted directly to our facility through the use of DVM Insight or by emailing a completed request form and images to [email protected]. Additional information and pricing can be obtained by calling and speaking to a member of our radiology team at (301) 809-8800.